Monday, October 5, 2009

i'm falling for you


Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year.  It’s so beautiful outside with the leaves changing colors and the weather is PERFECT.  Well, that’s how it’s supposed to be but this year it’s as if we’ve jumped from summer heat to winter! Are you kidding?? I’m thinking it’s going to be a long, cold winter.  I really love this time though.  Yesterday at citychurch we had a membership luncheon (which reminds me, Jeremy I have money for you for that).  After the lunch I was taking my friend Sherry home to her apartment and we started talking about Christmas.  Sherry is from China and was asking all kinds of questions about our holiday.  I told her everything from the tree to the lights on the house.  Somewhere in the middle of that conversation I got SO excited about Christmas!! I am about ready to get a tree! Last year I was so down during Christmas, I think life was just kind of rough this time last year and I was not at all ready to celebrate. But this year I feel like I’m in a time of harvest and I am ready to celebrate.  Plus this is Oliver’s first Christmas! Anyone know where I could get a puppy shirt that I could get “Oliver’s first Christmas” on it? I am just so excited to see what God has in store for this season, where we will get the chance to serve the people of Jonesboro and just how much fun we’ll be able to have!! 




Have a great week and start getting excited, Christmas is just around the corner…well after we round the Halloween and Thanksgiving corners. 

Cassie







1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

I agree...where did fall go?? Hopefully we'll have a little bit of fall weather! =) And about Christmas...I'm starting to get so excited about it also! While I love Halloween and Thanksgiving there is just something about Christmas that just warms me up inside! Christ, family, decorations, food, and everything else that comes with it! =)