Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day, Snow Day!

I will, for the rest of my life, remember today!  I got to be a part of the BIGGEST snow I've seen in my lifetime.  Kudos to the weather peeps this time, they hit the nail on the head.  It started "icing" last night around...I don't know, 8:30?  That continued until 6am when it changed over to snow. And it snowed, sometimes I thought it was "blizzard-ing"!  It snowed until tonight and it is supposed to pick back up and snow into tomorrow. WOW, it's so beautiful! It's 9:20pm and it looks like day time from the reflection of the light on the snow.  Kelsea, Brittany, Conner, and Jamie came for Alicia (me too, but I hate being cold and wet so snow really isn't my thing) and they tried to sled...they described their experience as the "opposite of fun".  I think sledding, round 2, will be much more successful tomorrow for them…and maybe...me?? I don't know, I'll have to see.  I am hoping everyone is warm tonight, as much fun as it is to have a day off, I can't help but think of the people whose paycheck will be less because of today or those who don't have electricity due to the many power outages.  I am also wondering how this weekend is going to play out.  Our church was supposed to serve dinner at the Salvation Army tomorrow night, have a membership dinner, and service on Sunday.  I'm not sure what's going to happen but I'm resting in the fact that God knew all this was happening so He has a plan and I'm trusting Him for it. 

I hope you had a great snow day as well, if you got snow.  And if you didn't I hope your day was great, whatever you were doing.  If you've got any fun stories or ideas of things to do in the snow, let me know! Maybe tomorrow I'll venture past my "uncomfortable-ness" and head out into the weather. 

Oh, and sorry Jeremy for my many made-up words in this post!  Actually, I'm not really sorry...I guess I just recognize the fact that I have so many. 

So, here are a few shots taken by the talented, Alicia Widner.  Keep your eye on her work; she is going to do BIG things in photography one day.  I'm praying the Lord will bless her "dreams" and allow her to work for Him through the art of capturing moments on a camera.



oliver loving the snow! 

our neighbor's fence, we LOVE the old doors!!

i love him. his tongue isn't always like this!!



beautiful girls! brittany (left) the lovely and talented alicia (right)


i love this picture of conner! she is so cute!!



3 of my girls! conner, kelsea, and brittany. they are all about to go away to college, 
i'm already crying about it!



night time was falling and alicia was still taking pics.  this is our neighbor's 
tree in their front yard. one of my favorites!



2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Beautiful picture!! =) I wish we had been there for the big snow! Lydia would have had so much fun in it! Told mom that the next time they call for snow we are heading to their house. They've had 2 really good snows! Plus, her hard and street would be awesome for sledding! =) Hope you are all thawed out! Love you!

cassie said...

I bet you are loving this week then! I saw that it was 'record' snow in Little Rock!! I'm home, once again, but I'm not loving it this time...it just means more and more time at school this summer! :(