Tuesday, March 30, 2010

thoughts

i have not written in 30 days. a lot can go on in that amount of time.  i guess a lot did but only a few things stick out. one thing is that i am really feeling God break through in my life in areas that i have been in need of a breakthrough.  for many years i have felt that there has been some sort of wall between me and God.  something that i built but had no idea how to tear down.  i have prayed and have clung to the fact that my relationship with Jesus is not built on feelings rather on faith and FACT.  last week, He began tearing down the walls.  without going into a million details, as i so often do, it began as a normal night and ended up in a "fight" with the Almighty which brought so much peace and comfort to my life.  have you ever experienced anything like that?  when my sister, mollie, was a freshman we argued a lot but nothing major, just a lot of pent up feelings over our past that would come out in bursts of small arguments. one night, however, we got really honest and really mad.  we both said some hurtful but true things and in the end, we were so grateful.  i am never an advocate of hurting anyone, anyone.  i am, however, an advocate of being truthful.  i was truthful that night with mollie and she with me and our relationship took a turn for the better. now we are the closest of friends.  i guess that is how it was with me and God the other night.  i was honest, like a David prayer honest, with God and He, in turn, was honest with me.  He spoke from His Word and gently, but truthfully, pointed out things that i did not want to see but couldn't deny.  i am so thankful for His faithfulness to me.  i am thankful for a God that i can cry at and cry to.  i am also thankful that crying and griping to Him is not the end of the story, He loves me enough to discipline me and to put me back on His path of righteousness.  the walls are coming down!

****please be in prayer for my friend Wilma Douglas, she is my friend Debbie's mom.  She is having a heart cath in the morning.  Debbie and I were roommates for somewhere around 2 years and Mrs. Wilma would take such great care of us.  please be praying for her and the doctors in the morning.*****

cassie

2 comments:

Pip said...

"Like a David prayer-honest" LOVE IT!

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

God is so good ... Love how no matter what, He loves us and even when we are mad/upset He will listen to us and doesn't judge us. Love you Cass, and praying for you!