Wednesday, September 23, 2009

thinking about eyes and music



This morning I woke up to my left eye burning so badly when I tried to put in my contact. I thought I had something in there; I had to wash it out then put the contact back in. I never thought anything else about it.  Then this afternoon I was washing my hands and I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how red my eye was but only in one spot. Since then, it’s only gotten worse.  I heard that if you have pink eye you’re not supposed to go to school…I don’t know if this is a “real” rule or not so I’m going in the morning. If it gets worse I’ll head to urgent care to check it out. Blah, pink eye…

I LOVE the internet! Just thought I’d throw that out there.  I absolutely LOVE how you can connect with things from all over the world! One of my favorite things is podcasts.  I listen to a few on a weekly/bi-monthly basis.  One is Elevation Church in North Carolina. www.elevationchurch.com God is doing absolutely AMAZING things though that church.  Their worship team is so on the ball, they post their songs and chord charts, etc.  So tonight I’ve been doing a little researching of new worship music.  I have a lot of ideas for the coming weeks. Oh, if you don’t know me, I am currently leading worship at citychurch.  I was really resistant at first but God is working through me and I am loving it.  It is not a permanent gig, but I love helping any way I can with citychurch.  I am seriously praying that no one will see me but will get to a place of abandonment worship, where there is no one but them and our God!

Here are a few possibilities for this week:
Cannon – Phil Wickham
Great is the Lord – Elevation Worship
Salvation is Here – Hillsong United

I’m so excited about this weekend. Wanna know the schedule? OK!
·      Tour of Classrooms with my teacher friends Debbie, Julie, and Hannah – amazing teachers and women of God.
·      Jibs Sullivan’s baby shower (his real name will be Jack – to the rest of the world)
·      ASU vs. TROY Tailgate and football game!!!
·      Band Practice and citychurch set up
·      CITYCHURCH Sunday morning
·      REST, REST, REST, REST!

I have been really convicted about being so busy with grad school on Sunday’s I’m going to work really hard tomorrow afternoon to get it all done so Sunday can truly be a day of worship and rest!

I know my blog is so random, if you read, thanks for following me. If you  know me you know that’s how I am too…I can never have just ONE story or thought going!  Have a lovely Thursday!  For Brookland Middle School it is “jeans and jerseys” Thursdays…I LOVE IT! 

God Bless!!

*cb


No comments: