Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Psalm 73

I know I don't get to this blog very often but I have been so busy lately that I have not even been getting on the computer for very long at night.  In light of this, I have suddenly began missing my blog.  I read an incredible verse last night (or verses, actually) and I wanted to share. 

Psalm 73:25 - 28
Whom have I in heaven but You? 
I desire You more than anything else on earth. 
My heart may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, 
but God remains the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever. 
Those who desert Him with perish, 
for you destroy those who abandon You. 
But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, 
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do. 

In another version it says: 

vs. 28 - But as for me, the nearness of God is my good

Having access to God, having Him come near to me is good, very good!  My desire is: to desire God more than anything else on earth. This is my prayer and my ambition. 

blessings, 
cassie

No comments: